UX-designer, graphic designer and web developer with
14 many years of experience in creating visually attractive, useable and responsive web sites.
I live in Malmö, Sweden since 2004 where I've been running my own design business, Edlund Design. In addition to my own business I've also been employed by Knowit as Senior responsive designer (2015), web developer and Senior responsive designer at Above (2009-2011). I've also been employed by Dynamic Dog as flash developer and frontend (2006-2007) as well as flash developer at Framfab in Gothenburg (2005-2006).
I've cooperated with inUse, Centralateljén, Markewärn Studios, Do-Fi, Municipality of Hultsfred, Pellevision, Kommunförbundet Skåne, Blå Vision, Malmö högskola, Eminent to name a few.
Before I came to Malmö, I stayed seven years in New York City. Here I initially worked as a sound engineer at different recording studios, including The Magic Shop, Unique Recording Studios and Riversound Studios (Steely Dan’s now defunct studio). I also tried to raise some income as Christmas decorator, framing shop assistent and coat checker before I turned my attention to Flash and Actionscripting and started my journey as a web developer.
- Planning and discussion. Try to explain benefits and drawbacks with different technical solutions.
- Strategy, analysis, marketing, copywriting and visual identity.
- Information architecture and graphic design. Usability, web standards and UX design.
- CMS, databases and back-end. Very good knowledge of developing WordPress themes. Experience with other CMSs like TextPattern, Joomla och Drupal.
- Support and help at launch.
Per Axbom conducted an interview with me about the process behind Staffanstorp version 1:
- 4-year technical program, Kongahällagymnasiet, Kungälv (1985-1989)
- Journalism, Nordiska Folkhögskolan, Kungälv (1990-1991)
- Religion and Philosophy, University of Gothenburg (1991-1993)
- Sound engineering, Academy of music and drama, University of Gothenburg (1994)
- I'm fluent in English. Perhaps with a slight swenglish accent. ;)
- Billiard connoisseur and carom-player.
- I also love orienteering and being out in nature.
The responsive design of the site is very well done. There’s a slight parallax effect on the background image behind the main navigation as you resize the website — it’s fun to just sit there and resize your browser window over and over. Superbly designed website.
Gene Crawford, Unmatched Style (about Staffanstorp v1)